Private cafe in Greece
Posting this photo has inspired my to make some tzatziki.
You will need:
- 1 Pint of Greek Yogurt (strain in cheesecloth if it's not thick)
- 1/2 Lemon SqueezedPinch of Salt
- Couple Dashes of Pepper
- 1 Handful of Chopped Up Dill
- 3-4 Garlic Gloves Mashed or Grated to a Paste
- (1) Small Cucumber Grated, Squeezed, and Drained (get out as much water as possible)
- 1/2 Cup of Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Spoon Red Wine Vinegar
You mix everything together and let it chill in the fridge for a couple of hours. So my ingredients aren't exact. I just always make mine to taste. That's the fun of cooking right? Tasting. Besides putting some on your souvlaki on pita with lettuce tomato, and french fries (my favorite) or a gyro, try frying up some green tomatoes or zucchini and use it for dipping. It's yogurt so it counter acts the fried food right?