It's another cold, dreary day in the land where spring never came. I needed a little pick me up today so I decided to make a luxurious body scrub.
- Use about a 1/2 cup of coarse sea salt
- Pour in 1/3 cup of jojoba oil and mix together (you can also use almond, coconut, or whatever you like)
- Add approximately 1 tablespoon of dried lavender and mix
- Add around 15 drops of lavender essential oil and 5-10 drops eucalyptus oil and mix once again (more/less depending on how smelly you like it)
- Put it in a jar, add a label with a date, and start relaxing
Lavender is a wonderful herb. Its' calming, has anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties, and smells wonderful. There are so many uses for lavender. Everyone should have at least one lavender bush in their garden. As long as you harvest the flowers stems, and keep it trim it back once a year so it doesn't get woody, a lavender plant can give you joy for many years with little maintenance.